Moving to Longview? Or just looking to save money on your electricity bill? We’ve got you covered. We’ve listed the cheapest and most trusted electric companies that provide power to Longview.
There are so many companies that sell electricity and Texas and rates change so often that it’s impossible to keep up unless it’s your full time job. Luckily for you, that is our job. Our free electricity comparison tool has helped over one million Texans just like you compare electricity providers and find the best deals on power.
With all the fine print, bells, and whistles, it can be hard to know if you are really getting a good deal on electricity. Vault Electricity puts all your options in one place so you can look at plans from all the trusted companies in your area and find the cheapest rates and the plan that fits your needs.
Featured Electricity Rates In Longview, Texas
- Free Night Plans
- Free Weekend Plans
- Green Energy Plans
- No Deposit Electricity Plans
- Prepaid Electricity Plans
- Rewards Programs
- Veteran’s Discounts
- And more
Top Longview Electricity Rates From Each Provider
|The Lantana 15
|Frontier Saver Plus 24
|Gexa Eco Saver Plus 24
|Maxx Saver Select 24
|Smart Simple 12
|Sure Value 36
|Autopay Texas 12
|Green Mountain Energy
|Pollution Free e-Plus
|Clear Deal 12
|Maxx Saver Select 12
|Gexa Eco Saver Lite 12
|Veteran Energy Valor 36
|Reliant Power On 12
|Rate Lock 12
For a more detailed realtime rate comparison enter your zip code at the top of the page. Our rate comparison tool lets you see all providers and rates. You can filter by term length, usage level, green energy plans, no deposit plans and get you them most up to date pricing. The rates listed above are for the 1,000 kWh usage level. More Information on any of these plans >>>
Why Compare Electricity Providers in Longview?
A lot of people just assume that it doesn’t matter who you choose for electricity. From the standpoint of reliability of service, it doesn’t matter. All electricity in Texas is delivered through the same infrastructure and same powerlines regardless of who you choose as your electric company.
But there is one area where your choice of provider makes a big difference – Price! Electricity rates can vary widely from provider to provider and city to city. One company may have the best rate in Longview, while a completely different company could have the best rate in another city.
The difference can be a lot more than you think. We constantly monitor the market and maintain a comprehensive list of Texas electricity providers along with their plans, rates, and special offers. It is not unusual to find that the highest rate in the list is twice as high as the lowest rate in the list.
This means that you could find yourself paying twice as much on your light bill as you should be paying! That’s real money.
Longview No Deposit Electricity Plan Options
If you have been asked to pay a deposit you can’t pay, here are your options.
Every electricity provider sets their own credit requirements. Some companies have easier credit requirements than others. You can try enrolling with another electric company and they might ask for a smaller deposit or no deposit at all.
You can apply for a deposit waiver based on certain circumstances under which providers have no choice but to wave their requirement for a deposit. These exemptions are set by the Texas PUC. They are:
- Proof of medical indigency
- Proof that you are 65 years of age or older and not currently delinquent in payment for another electric company
- Proof you are a victim of family violence
- Letter of credit from most recent electricity provider
Prepaid electricity plans are an increasingly popular no deposit electricity alternative. These plans allow you to get your power turned on quickly (often the same day) with very little money upfront. The money you do put up goes directly toward paying for your electricity so it’s not a deposit.
Longview, Texas – Did You Know?
Longview, Texas is the county seat of Gregg County–it was actually the first city in Gregg County. Its nickname is the ‘Balloon Capital of Texas.’ Its population is about 83,000 and a few years ago it was voted in the top-10 fastest growing cities in the United States. It is cheaper to live in Longview than most cities in the country. But there are a few reasons that Longview might not rank as high on any ‘best places to live’ lists.
The climate is hot, crime is up in the area, and there isn’t all that much to do according to Longview residents. And unemployment percentages are also up too.
The most common jobs in Longview are in Production and Office Administration, with Manufacturing being a common industry to be involved with. The largest employers in Longview are CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center, Eastman Chemical, Longview ISD, Walmart, and Joy Global.
Matthew McConaughey went to high school at Longview High and Jason Thomas was born in Longview.
For things to do, the Gregg County Historical Museum, the Paul Boorman Trail, or the Great Texas Balloon race are all great options.
How to Use Our Website To Compare Electricity Rates in Longview, TX
Comparing electric companies in Longview, TX can be tricky business. Our website was designed to make the job much less painful if you follow these simple steps:
- Enter Your Zip Code and click ‘Get Rates’ to see a list of Longview electricity plans
- You will be taken to a page the list the plans available from the top electricity providers in Texas.
- Use filters if you are looking for specific plan features such as green energy or short/long term contract lengths.
- Make sure you review the Electricity Facts Label (EFL) of a plan before you make your final decision.
- Make sure that you select your home size so that you are looking at the plan rates that are applicable to a home of your size. This is critical if you are going to find the best rate for your situation. If you live in an apartment, you do not want to be looking at the 2000 kWh rates. If you enroll in a plan based on a good electricity rate at the 2000 kWh level you will probably end up paying a much different rate when you use considerably less electricity than that.
- Enroll online or over the phone
- If you are assessed a deposit check out our No Deposit Electricity information page.
- Bookmark this page and return to compare rates often
Longview Utility Company Contact Info
TXU/Oncor Contact Information:
For power outages in Longview Texas, please call Oncor at 1-888-313-4747. To have underground lines located prior to digging in Longview Texas, call 1-800-344-8377. To view Longview Texas outage maps, click here.
Smart Meter Information:
For information on the smart meter program in Longview Texas, click here.