On this page you will find electricity rates for the 79406 Zip Code. The table below shows electric companies that serve the 79406 zip code and some of the electricity plans they offer.
For a real time comparison of the cheapest electricity rates in your area, enter your zip code into the search box above.
79406 Zip Code Electricity Plans
|Electric Company||Plan Name||Electricity Rate|
|BKV energy||The Lantana 15||14.6¢/kWh|
|Frontier Utilities||Frontier Saver Plus 24||11.2¢/kWh|
|Gexa||Gexa Eco Saver Plus 24||11.1¢/kWh|
|4Change Energy||Maxx Saver Select 24||11.1¢/kWh|
|Cirro Energy||Smart Simple 12||15.6¢/kWh|
|Trieagle||Sure Value 36||13.9¢/kWh|
|Direct Energy||Autopay Texas 12||16.3¢/kWh|
|Green Mountain Energy||Pollution Free e-Plus||17.4¢/kWh|
|TXU||Clear Deal 12||13.9¢/kWh|
|4Change Energy||Maxx Saver Select 12||11.1¢/kWh|
|Gexa||Gexa Eco Saver Lite 12||19.1¢/kWh|
|Express Energy||Flash 24||11.1¢/kWh|
|Veteran Energy||Veteran Energy Valor 36||15.1¢/kWh|
|Reliant||Reliant Power On 12||19.9¢/kWh|
|Payless Power||Rate Lock 12||18.3¢/kWh|
For a more detailed realtime rate comparison enter your zip code at the top of the page. Our rate comparison tool lets you see all providers and rates. You can filter by term length, usage level, green energy plans, no deposit plans and get you them most up to date pricing. The rates listed above are for the 1,000 kWh usage level. More Information on any of these plans >>>
Electric Companies That Provide Power To 79406 Zip Code
More on the 79406 Zip Code
- City: Lubbock, TX
- County: Lubbock County, TX
- Estimated zip code population in 2021: 7,389
- Zip code population in 2010: 6,025
- Zip code population in 2000: 4,470
- March 2022 cost of living index: 82.6 (low, U.S. average is 100)
- Land area: 1.0 sq. mi.
- Water area: 0.0 sq. mi.
- Population density: 7,557 people per square mile (high)
- Males: 3,823 (51.7%)
- Females: 3,565 (48.3%)
- White: 61.8% (4,561)
- Hispanic or Latino: 22.4% (1,651)
- Black: 7.5% (555)
- Asian: 4.9% (364)
- Two or more races: 2.9% (217)
- American Indian: 0.5% (38)
Comparative Analysis (79406 vs. State Average):
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher significantly below state average.
|Hispanic or Latino||22.4%|