Compare Channelview electricity providers. We have everything you need to pick an electricity provider and energy plan that fits your needs. We have listed the electric companies that offer service in Channelview, TX. You will find their electricity rates and plans listed along with those of other companies. Below, you will also find additional information about the process of finding cheap electricity rates in Channelview.
There is a big difference in the rates each electric providers charge for electricity in Texas. If you are not cautious, you can easily find yourself paying too much for the exact same electricity you could be getting for much less.
Whether you are trying to save money by switching electricity providers or you are about to move to Channelview, you will find what you need here.
Vault has been helping Texans save money on their power bills since 2009. Our electricity rate comparison service is completely free to use by Texas residents.
Whether you live in a small apartment, a large home, or something in between, you will find a plan listed here that will help you keep your hard-earned money in your pocket.
Top Channelview Electricity Rates From Each Provider
|Electric Company||Plan Name||Electricity Rate|
|Frontier Utilities||Best Value 12||6.9¢/kWh|
|4Change Energy||Maxx Saver 12||7.9¢/kWh|
|Gexa||Saver Supreme 12||7.3¢/kWh|
|4Change Energy||Free Energy 12||8.7¢/kWh|
|Cirro Energy||Smart Value 12 Online||8.9¢/kWh|
|Direct Energy||Live Brighter 12||12.1¢/kWh|
|First Choice Power||You Got This 24||12.1¢/kWh|
|TXU||Clear Deal 12||9.9¢/kWh|
|4Change Energy||Easy Saver 12||8.5¢/kWh|
|Gexa||Saver Deluxe 12||6.9¢/kWh|
|Express Energy||Express Energy Flash 12||7.0¢/kWh|
|Green Mountain Energy||Crystal Clear 12 Preferred||11.6¢/kWh|
|Reliant||Secure Advantage 12||11.2¢/kWh|
|Payless Power||SmarTricity Premier 12||15.5¢/kWh|
For a more detailed realtime rate comparison enter your zip code at the top of the page. Our rate comparison tool lets you see all providers and rates. You can filter by term length, usage level, green energy plans, no deposit plans and get you them most up to date pricing. The rates listed above are for the 1,000 kWh usage level. More Information on any of these plans >>>
Featured Electricity Rates In Channelview, Texas
Why Compare Electricity Providers in Channelview
There are many things that make one Channelview electricity provider different from the next. Here are a few:
- Electricity Rate – Without a doubt, rate is the most important reason to compare electricity providers. Electricity rates in Channelview change a lot. Even within the same electric company, rates can be substantially different from one plan to the next. The savvy consumer will find a low rate plan from a trusted company and lock in the rate with at least a 12 month contract.
- Cancellation Fees – Expect any energy plan with a specific term length such as 12 or 24 months to have a cancellation fee. These will differ from one provider to the next.
- Billing Options – Sometimes you can get a better rate if you choose a plan that feature autopayment.
- Green Energy – Most providers offer at least one plan that features 100% renewable energy sources. In Texas, this mostly means wind power.
- Term Length – Contract lengths vary. They can range from 3 to 36 months with 12 month contracts being the most common length. 12 months makes sense for most consumers. ‘ No contract’ or month-to-month plans are also available from most, if not all, electric providers. These tend to be at much higher rates than longer term contracts, however.
- Credit Requirements – Different companies have different credit requirements. Some are tougher than others. If your credit history doesn’t meet this threshold, you may be asked to pay a deposit.
What You Need to Know About Channelview, Texas
The city of Channelview is on the northeastern portion of the Houston Ship Channel, making it a very important part of one of the nation’s busiest ports. The population last checked was about 38,300 with a diverse mix of Hispanic, Caucasian, and African American population. The city itself was the home of Lorenzo de Zaval, who was one of the prominent figures with a hand in establishing the Republic of Texas. On the map it is located on the eastern section of the state, close to the Gulf Coast. The nearest major cities are Pasadena Texas (8 miles) and Houston (16 miles). The average temperatures in Channelview are usually over the national average, with highs well above average across the calendar year. Storms, floods, and hurricanes are the most frequent causes for natural disasters in the area.
For the Channelview workforce, the unemployment rate is about the same as the state average. The cost of living in the city is almost exactly average with that of the rest of the state. And the median household income is slightly below average. The most common occupations are in Construction and Production types of positions.
For education, about 69% of citizens get a high school diploma and about 9% get a Bachelor’s degree or higher. The most common degree concentrations were in General Business and Registered Nursing at the University of Houston.
Contacting the Utility Company in Channelview TX
CenterPoint Contact Information:
For power outages in Channelview Texas, please call CenterPoint at 1-800-332-7143. To have underground lines located prior to digging in Channelview Texas, call 1-800-344-8377. To view a map of current CenterPoint power outages, click here.
Smart Meter Information:
For information on the smart meter program in Channelview Texas, click here.